This position is accountable for overseeing all selling aspects (promotional planning, forecasting, distribution, new item sell-in, presentations, execution of marketing and promotions, etc.) to increase sales and distribution of Chef’s Menu products at strategic retail customers. This role requires a natural influencer that is comfortable representing products that are on the front end of emerging market trends. The ideal director will have a proven successful background in sales mirrored with a strong entrepreneurial spirit.
- Design and implement a strategic sales plan that expands company’s customer base and ensures its strong presence.
- Determine sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products.
- Successfully sells in new items, planned promotions, and special events.
- Maintains a robust network and develops and closes on leads and new business.
- Monitors customer, market, and competitor activity and provides feedback to the leadership team.
- Develop and implement strategic sales activities.
- Manages key business relationships.
- Ensure superior and consistent customer service.
- Travel regularly in order to consult with existing customers, acquire new customers, lead cuttings, and execute sales presentations.
- Represent Chef’s Menu at trade shows, conferences, and other necessary events.
- Ability to be flexible and constantly reassess priorities to get the job done.
- Performs other duties as necessary or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Business Administration, Marketing, or equivalent experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- 10 years of sales experience, ideally in the food industry.
- Sales experience on a national scale.
- Experience with the development of sales plans and managing the proposal process.
- Knowledge of manufacturing capabilities, logistics, finance and support functions.
- Knowledge of IT tools and platforms that enable sales success.
- Strong business sense and industry experience.
- Strategic thinking and resourceful.
- Brand building and team leader.
- Proactive and project management.
- Drive for results.
- Building strategic partnerships.
- Customer service orientation.
- Business acumen and presentation skills.
- Influencing and impact.
- Planning and organizing.
About CalChef Foods:
CalChef Foods manufactures a robust line of natural food products designed to make it easy for people to cook delicious food at home without sacrificing health or flavor. Our line of sauces, meal kits, seasonings, and entrées cater to a variety of nutrition plans from Paleo to Vegetarian all while giving five-star restaurants a run for their money. Chefs Menu products can be found in many national and regional supermarkets across the country.